People retiring now probably face more threats and opportunities than any generation that has gone before them.
The Pension Freedom rules allow us to take money from our pensions in a far more flexible way than was previously possible. That’s allowed many of us to retire early, or in a way which suits us, for example phasing in the transition from work to retirement.
However, the new rules must be used wisely. Take out too much money from your pension too soon, and you could be left facing some hard choices later in life, especially if you must pay for social care. Of course, with increased life expectancy and a naturally cautious approach, there’s the temptation to take too little from your pension, reducing the quality of life now, while you are still fit and healthy.
Getting the balance right isn’t easy.
That’s where we come in. We will help you understand:
- Your retirement objectives and aspirations
- The amount of income and capital you will need, as well as the likely impact of inflation
- Whether your existing pensions, savings and investments can sustain that level of income for the rest of your life, and if applicable, that of your spouse or partner
- The right options for any Final Salary or Defined Benefit pensions you may have
- How much the State Pension will provide
- The options you have for minimising any tax which might be paid on your estate when you die
We will use our financial planning skills and knowledge to create a plan to take you from the world of work to retirement.
By working with us you will be left feeling informed, empowered and confident that your financial future is secure.