We are recruiting a Paraplanner to join the team at HA&W, an awarding winning Chartered Financial Planning firm based in Rearsby Leicestershire. Reporting to Managing Director you will work alongside our senior paraplanner in supporting our four Chartered Financial Planners.
You will take responsibility for providing excellent paraplanning support to our clients through client data analysis and recording, product research, building and manipulating financial lifetime models and co-writing suitability reports. You will be highly technical with great attention to detail and a focus on getting the task completed right first time.
You are likely to considerable experience in a similar role including technical administration and may or may not have a desire to become a Chartered Financial Planner. Experience of process review and management is important as is workflow monitoring as a bridge between the administration and advisory teams. Most importantly we see this as permanent paraplanner role.
c. £22,000 – £35,000 + benefits, 33 days’ holiday including bank holidays + pension + life insurance + free parking + ongoing training and development + others.
The role responsibilities
- Gather and analyse client data (personal & product related) and record.
- Attend client meetings where required
- Research and analyse product/services, including existing plans the client has.
- Build lifetime financial models and manipulate to determine optimal solutions through various ‘what if’ scenarios and stress tests, considering client needs, taxes, liquidity, risks, care needs and estate planning.
- Match products and portfolios to client needs.
- Obtain/produce product documentation
- Co-write suitability letters and co-manage suitability templates and enclosures.
- Co-produce post review ongoing suitability letter/new actions suitability letter.
- Anticipating potential issues in relation to the processing of review/new business actions, liaising with Admin Team to ensure the best outcome.
- General office administration, including diary management and maintaining client records.
- The post holder may be required to undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job.
The Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years relevant experience is preferred.
- Deep understanding of the structure of the Financial Services market, including the role of the financial adviser and product/platform providers & investment managers.
- Fully understands the Financial Services regulatory framework, the ethics and key principles of the advice process. Comprehensive knowledge of the systems and controls that are in place to protect the client and the company. Demonstrates full adherence to these systems and controls.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of both financial products & financial planning tools. Can analyse which type and features of the financial products are appropriate to the client’s needs.
- Understands and utilises all systems and processes required to deliver the role objectives. Has sophisticated awareness of how these fit within the wider company and the financial advice profession.
- Consistently delivers excellent service to customers and colleagues and adhering to ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ principles.
- Has excellent attention to detail & provides a quality assurance check for the adviser firm.
- Develops effective relationships with customers and key contacts, handling and resolving issues through effective verbal and written skills.
- Can write reports that includes the necessary technical language but articulates in a way that clients understand.
- Understands role within team and its impact on others. Consistently endeavours to support colleagues and collaborate to achieve results.
- Demonstrates relevant level of skills to be able to provide thorough research & analysis.
- Can plan and prioritise work effectively to deliver good outcomes for both the customer & the business.
- Consistently adheres to systems and processes using proficient IT skills and is mindful of and adheres to regulatory requirements.
- Takes a ‘problem with solution’ approach when challenges arise, able to present the adviser with the options available to achieve the best outcome.